Are you looking for remote customer service jobs? If yes, you would get one, thanks to the Pandemic that brought one of the biggest shifts in our work lives.
- As per studies, in 2022, the global remote workforce will be 1.87 billion people, 42.5% of the total global workforce.
- 23% of full-time employees are willing to take a pay cut of more than 10% in order to work from home at least some of the time.
- 61% of business owners and professionals advocate for a fully remote working environment.
But when you start searching for remote customer service positions on the internet, your mind will most likely be loaded with a lot of questions like “What are the positions available? Are those positions suitable for me? Which are the best remote customer service companies? Are these customer service job boards fake or real?”
This post is the answer to all your doubts and confusion regarding the sites offering remote customer service jobs.
In this post, we will help you know:
- Types of Remote Customer Service Roles
- Qualities you must have as a Remote Customer Service Agent
- Top 17 Sites offering Remote Customer Service Jobs
Types Of Remote Customer Service Roles
A customer service profile involves solving customer queries and complaints. You can opt for either a full-time or part-time customer service job from home. The type of services you have to provide will eventually depend upon the company, website, or call center you are working for.
For example, if you are working for a bank’s customer service, you would be mostly dealing with inquiries regarding accounts, payment methods, credit/debit cards, etc. On the other hand, if you are working for an online shopping platform, you would be dealing with purchases, cart value, offers, etc.
So, let’s dig into the best work from home customer service jobs you can opt for in the below illustration:
The major customer support roles in demand are:
- Customer Support Agent(Voice Process) – Solves customer queries over the phone. The role may require handling both inbound and outbound calls.
- Custom support Agent (Non-Voice Process) – Solves customer queries over chat and emails. Usually deals with customers who don’t have time to enquire over phone calls.
- Customer Support Fraud Specialist – Mainly deals with the solutions to fraud situations a customer faces.
- Customer Service Engineer/ Technical Support Agent – Deals with the technical issues a customer faces.
- Bilingual Customer Service Representative – Bilingually proficient job seekers can opt for this role.
- Customer Service Scheduler – Organises and schedules meetings, appointments, and services between customers and representatives.
Qualities you must have as a Remote Customer service Agent:
- Excellent Communication – As a remote customer service agent, you would be mostly dealing with customers’ problems and queries regarding a product or service. Asking the right question at the right time, and that too, in the right tone, is the key to winning the hearts of the customers. Since communication is a two-way process, along with speaking you should also be an active listener too. The same applies if you are doing an email customer service job.
- Problem-solving skills – You would be dealing with a frustrated customer mostly. What they want is a solution to their problem. At that moment, you should have the patience to listen to them, understand their problem, empathize with them, and then provide alternatives and resolve the matter.
- Time management – Customers want their problems to be solved in the shortest time possible. They won’t get satisfied if you lag too much. To avoid this, you must be aware of common customer issues and try to sort them out within a time frame.
- Multitasking – Multitasking is inevitable for a customer service agent. You are expected to listen to the customers’ problems, browse through their product page, and engage with them; all these will happen at the same moment. So, you should be good at taking care of more than one thing at a time.
- Strong product/service knowledge – Whatever company you are working for, you should have a thorough idea about their products and services. Only then, you will be able to understand the customer’s issue, think through what must have gone wrong, and provide the correct solution.
Now, let’s have a look at the top sites and job boards offering remote customer service jobs:
1) Home Jobs Hub (HJH)
Home Jobs Hub began its operation in 2017. Even though it is a US-based company, the services are spread all over the world. This website’s claim to fame is that it is entirely dedicated to freshers looking for flexible remote job positions. So, this is the best remote job website if you are someone who is in the starting phase of your career.
Home Jobs Hub has a separate section for remote customer service jobs. The key features of this site are as follows:
- You can start job searching absolutely free of cost. All you have to do is just ‘Sign Up’ on the website by giving your basic details.
- Once you update your skills and preferences for your remote customer service job in your profile, you can click on ‘See All Jobs’ and browse through the various job postings.
- You can apply for multiple jobs, and HJH’s AI-powered system will notify you when an employer is interested in your profile.
- HJH also has a blog section filled with articles that can help you in tackling your remote work-from-home jobs.
- You can earn up to $70/hour if you get hired as a remote customer service agent. So, through this website, you can get access to the best-paying customer service jobs from home.
- Companies hiring for remote customer service from Home Jobs Hub – BoldBusiness.com, Curaihealth.com, Broken.com, Agilent.com, and 100+ verified best remote customer service companies.
Flexjobs started its functioning in 2007 and is still the top ranker in providing legit remote jobs. This website is not solely dedicated to customer service positions but has a wide range of 50+ categories that can land you in the best work-from-home customer service jobs. Every job posting you see on FlexJobs is 100% hand-screened and validated by their team before posting. The key features of this site are as follows:
- You can filter jobs according to job type, schedule, category, career level, accolades, and title.
- You can sort jobs according to date and relevance.
- No ads, junk, or scams.
- They provide support, guidance, and tools in matters related to job search, resume building, company reviews, etc. which can help you in getting the best paying remote customer service jobs.
- Conducts webinars and events.
- They offer weekly and monthly subscription plans for their services. Pricing starts at $9.95/week. If you are not happy with their services, they have a refund policy also. You can ask for a refund within 30 days of account creation/renewal.
- Companies hiring for remote customer service from FlexJobs– Kelly Services, Randstad, CVS Health, Sutherland, Transcom.
3) Just Remote
With 74% of professionals and 76% of entrepreneurs voting for remote work as the new normal, JustRemote is a website that provides exclusive remote career openings for job seekers. According to them, 70% of live jobs never get advertised and they help you in finding out such jobs so that you won’t miss out on any opportunities. They have a separate section for customer service jobs for both full-time and part-time remote customer service jobs. The key features of this website are as follows:
- You can filter jobs according to region and location.
- Powersearch is their exclusive tool to help you find out the hidden remote jobs that don’t get advertised by companies.
- This website has a collaboration with resume.io to help you create a resume suitable for remote jobs.
- The subscription price is as low as $6. By paying this amount you get unlimited access to jobs and the facility of Power Search. If you want to unsubscribe from their services, you can do it anytime, and there is no contract involved.
- Companies hiring for remote customer service from JustRemote – Drizly, Action Network, Work Motion, Guru, Gravity Payments, etc.
4) We Work Remotely (WWR)
As the name suggests, this website is exclusively for remote job seekers. Launched in 2011, today on average, over 1000 new positions are posted every month on this website under 8 categories.
Moreover, remote Customer service jobs bring a notable percentage – 29% of traffic to this website.
The key features of the website are as follows:
- The most amazing feature of WWR is that it charges zero free for signing up. The services provided are completely free of cost.
- Zero location restrictions – Since the pandemic, 70% of full-time workers have been working from home, and WWR assists job seekers from all over the world to come and search for remote jobs with no location restrictions.
- WWR Learning Portal – Job seekers can learn essential skills they need for their career growth using this platform. This portal has a whole community of job seekers and experts, templates for resumes and cover letters, exercises for interviews, career coaching with 1-to-1 review sessions, and many more services.
Companies hiring for remote customer service from WWR– WordPress VIP, Upright Labs, Shopify, GoDaddy, Knack, Defiant, Inc.
Remote. co is a partner website of FlexJobs. The advantage of this website is that you can avail all the luxuries that FlexJobs provides free of cost. Even though Flexjobs provides all types of jobs, remote. co is solely designed for remote job seekers. As per recent studies, 77% of employees agree that after COVID-19, working from home would make them happier. So remote job portals like remote.co may be the best deal for them. It has a separate category for remote customer service job openings.
The key features of this website are as follows:
- Zero charges for signing up.
- Remote Work Resources– This section contains articles on remote work, career coaching, etc.
- Companies hiring for remote customer service from Remote.co – American Express, GitHub, Toggl, Dropbox, WorkMotion.
6) Amazon Jobs
Amazon, as everyone knows, is an e-commerce giant. It is also one of the best remote customer service companies out there. Amazon’s mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. So, customer service associates are needed in large numbers for the company. They hire for remote customer service jobs through their Virtual Locations which outnumber their Brick and mortar stores. Let’s take the example of the USA:
As you can see in the above illustration, the remote customer service jobs they offer are much higher compared to their on-site customer service positions. Let’s go through the key features of this website:
- As the placements are directly done by the company itself, there is no need to pay any additional charges to third-party websites or customer service job boards.
- You can choose positions as full-time/part-time customer service jobs according to location preferences.
- Higher job stability and comparatively high-paying remote customer service jobs.
- Bilingually proficient people are highly welcome.
- Assessments and interviews are comparatively easy to get through and don’t demand high qualifications or experience.
- Provides additional benefits of Sodexo meal card, health Insurance, nightshift, overtime, and Internet allowance.
7) Virtual Vocations
Being a 100% remote company, extending its operations mainly in the USA, this website clearly understands what exactly remote job seekers are looking for and what challenges they face. Founded in 2007, they currently have 14003 remote jobs and 3671 Employer partners. Let’s dig into key features of this website:
- Provides both full-time and part-time remote customer service jobs.
- Can filter customer service remote jobs by location, permanent, or temporary roles, career level, education level, etc.
- Free and Premium versions are available – This remote job site charges zero fees for signing up and searching for jobs. If you want to avail full version, you have to go for the premium version. Pricing starts from $15.99/month.
- Provides additional features such as LinkedIn profile optimization, Career coaching, etc.
- Companies hiring for remote customer service from Virtual Vocations – Sykes Enterprises, Inc., Sutherland Global Services, Traction, Sitel group, LiveChat, Inc.
8) TeleTech (TTEC)
Rather than a website providing you with remote customer service opportunities, this is a company dedicated totally to customer services. Initially based in the USA, this company now has its services spread across 19 countries worldwide. This website is a better option if you are really into customer service profiles. The key features of this website are given below:
- Signing up for this website is completely free. Give your credentials like an email id, and yes, you are all set to apply for various customer service remote jobs!
- Can filter jobs by job title and location.
- No need for high qualifications. All you need is a high school diploma and an uninterrupted internet connection.
- Provide both Technical and Non-Technical remote customer service jobs.
- This remote customer service website is best known for its career growth opportunities and for providing best-in-class training.
- They have an exclusive Talent Network where you can enhance your job search and job applications. Moreover, you can share remote customer service opportunities through social media and emails.
9) Hubstaff Talent
Hubstaff is a 100% remote company that offers software services in workforce management. Hubstaff Talent is a remote talent finder community provided by Hubstaff with a dedicated section for remote customer service openings. On this website, you can find remote jobs as a freelancer. The key features of this website are as follows:
- This site is completely free to use. You can join by giving your details, skills & availability. A notification will come automatically when someone shows interest in you.
- The factors that are unique to this website are No fees, no markups, and no middleman policy.
- You can filter jobs by job type, pay rate, experience level, country, etc.
Upwork is one of the most popular sites that offer freelancing jobs. You can find plenty of remote customer service jobs here, and that too without a location barrier. The key features of the website are:
- The initial step for joining this website is to create a free profile highlighting your skills, experience, and pay rate. After that, you can browse through the best paying work from home customer service roles and apply for them.
- After you get hired, Upwork takes a 20% fee to cover costs but once you earn $500 with a client, this will eventually drop to 10%.
- Payment Protection is one of the rare features that is not given by other sites. Upwork ensures that you get paid on time. So, if a client doesn’t pay you, Upwork will pay you and sort it out with the client.
- They also have a 24×7 team with tools to detect fraud. So, the jobs posted here are legit.
- Trusted by Microsoft, Airbnb, Google, GoDaddy, Nasdaq, etc.
Fiverr is a popular marketplace for freelancers all over the world. When it comes to flexibility, a significant amount of job seekers opt for freelancing rather than being full-time employees. Over half (54%) of British workers’ overall happiness depends on how they feel at work.
You can provide your services as a freelancer on Fiverr in a range of services, among which remote customer service is one of the popular options. The interesting part is you can set the price for the services you offer starting from $5.Thus you can get access to high-paying remote customer service jobs. Setting a price for your services really plays a major role in work satisfaction.
This website operates in a completely different manner as compared to other sites offering remote customer service jobs. To understand that let’s familiarize ourselves with some of the Fiverr terms:
Now let’s see the key features of this website:
- In Fiverr, you are termed as a ‘Seller’ who sells their ‘Gigs’. For that, initially, you have to set up an account and showcase your skills and post the remote customer service you are providing along with the price.
- When a buyer decides to buy your order, Fiverr debits the amount from them and credits it to your account once you have successfully delivered the gig.
- Even though the Fiverr account creation is free, as you start selling, they cut 20% of your earnings and will give you an 80% share.
- Your seller rating is what makes your work more demanding. As your gigs increase, your rating will also increase accordingly, And you can finally land high-paying remote customer service jobs.
- You can sell your remote customer service skills without a location barrier.
This website provides remote work to freelancers under various categories. Remote customer service jobs are provided by them without location barriers. The key features of this website are as follows:
- You have to sign up and create a profile initially.
- A free plan is available. If you want to make full use of Workana, you can opt for membership plans starting from $4.90/month.
- The job postings are known as Proposals. Browse the various remote customer support proposals and place a bid. This will inform the client that you are interested in working with them. After going through the various bids they receive, they will inform you if they are interested in working with you.
- You can filter jobs according to skills, language, contract type, payments, etc.
- Provides Workana Payment Protection– Once your bid is accepted, the payment from the employer is held in escrow by Workana. After successful completion of the work, the payment will be released to your account.
- This website charges 15% of your earnings.
- More than 600K entrepreneurs, companies, startups, and more find talent on Workana to move their professional projects forward. So, the abundance of work you can find here is not at all a question!
Jobspresso is a job portal that helps you to work remotely from anywhere. This is a safe site, offering various job roles for remote workers. It has a dedicated remote customer service jobs section which is reviewed and jobs are added on a daily basis. Let’s go through the key features of this website:
- This website is absolutely free to use. All you have to do is upload your resume and apply for remote customer support roles.
- You can filter jobs by category and location.
- Companies hiring for remote customer service jobs from Jobspresso – GitLab, WordPress, Yelp, Loom, Zapier.
Indeed is a well-known name among job seekers. It is the #1 job site in the world with over 250M unique visitors every month. They are providing both remote and on-site jobs. As per statistics of 2020, 80% of employees expect to work remotely at least 3x per week even after COVID-19 guidelines are lifted. So, to find full-time and part-time remote customer support positions this job board is one of the best options. Let’s go through the key features of this website:
- This job board is completely free for job seekers. You can upload your resume and apply easily for remote customer service jobs.
- You can filter jobs by job title, job type, education level, experience level, and salary.
- They also provide additional features which include company reviews and a salary guide.
- They have a ‘Career Guide’ section filled with articles related to interview tips, resume building, career development, etc.
- Works seamlessly on mobile and other devices.
- Companies hiring for remote customer service jobs from Indeed – Aegis, Tech Mahindra, etc.
Monster is a global online platform headquartered in Hyderabad, India. They have been helping job seekers for more than 20 years. It is a hybrid platform for both on-site and remote jobs. You must be amazed at the search results once you type in customer service jobs on this job board! The key features of this job portal are listed below:
- This website is absolutely free for job seekers. However, if you want premium services which include profile highlighter, LinkedIn makeover, etc., you have to pay for it. Pricing starts at ₹900 for 6 months.
- You can filter the jobs by role, experience, salary, qualification, industry, etc.
- Comes with a separate section for career tips.
16) Working Solutions
Working Solutions is a website entirely devoted for work from home customer service opportunities. This site provides service for remote customer service job seekers located in USA and Canada. Let’s dig into the key features of this website:
- The pre-requisites are clearly mentioned by them before applying which include – a USB headset, high-speed internet, minimum 10Mbps download speed, a quiet workspace, a computer with a minimum of 8GB RAM, and Windows 8.1-10 OS.
- The application process includes steps such as filling out a form, taking assessments, accessing the applicant portal, and installing a technology scanner.
- Rather than employees, you are hired as an individual contractor, and the work assigned is called a program.
- The pay rate is fixed at $15/hour.
- They also have a talent community that helps you in finding and getting into the programs suitable for your skills.
SimplyHired is a job search engine where you can find thousands of jobs; on-site and remote. They have a vast section that covers remote customer service openings. Let’s have a look at the key features of this website:
- The search results will come according to your location by default.
- You can filter jobs by title, company, and location.
- This website also owns a SimplyHired mobile app through which job search is made easy.
According to recent studies, 97% of employees prefer to work from home, while only 3% prefer to commute. To keep up with the times, NoDesk is a website that only lists remote jobs. Remote jobs are posted daily on this website and remote customer support roles are classified as a separate category on the website. The key features of this website are as follows:
- No need to sign up or create an account. You can just browse through jobs and apply for the ones suitable for you.
- They provide remote work resources through articles, blogs, and books.
- Companies hiring for remote customer jobs from NoDesk– Apollo, Postscript, Webflow, Loom, Livestorm, etc.
A remote customer service job is a good option to start your career remotely and earn a living. Furthermore, remote employees save an average of $248 per month, which can be an enticing offer for you, right?
But make sure to choose the right job portal! Because choosing the wrong portal can make you face scams and other discomforts in the future.
Home Jobs Hub is specialized to provide entry-level remote jobs to every dedicated individual even if they have no experience or degree. We can help you hunt down the best-paying remote customer service opportunities matching your skills and experience.
Take a moment and sign up for free to start your journey as a remote worker with Home Jobs Hub.