When it comes to excelling in your career, there is a great deal to learn. Whether you are just starting your career, already employed, or in your long-running career, it can be always helpful to read and listen to professional advice.
As per the Lorman blog, 74% of employees feel that they are not reaching their full potential at the work. And, 41% of employees proclaim that the key factor to job satisfaction is their organization’s career advancement opportunities.
This clearly states that without any career advancement, you will become inactive and dissatisfied.
Actually, the best career advice and tips can assist you in boosting your performance so that you can move forward in your career. Therefore, we are offering 15 career tips and advice to inspire you to give your best and be your best at the workplace.
Career Tips and Advice
The best career advice a professional can give you to excel at what you do and to advance in your job is to learn new things and be confident in what you do. Here are such best work advice and tips that can help you to become a professional at your job.
#1 Never Stop Learning
One of the most important thing that places a key part in advancing your career is gaining knowledge. Without learning something new you cannot grow in your career.
Consider the quotation –
“Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered you will never grow.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Image source – stock.adobe.com
So, the advice for work and personal life is to never stop learning. It will enhance your thinking abilities and educate you on new things that might be helpful in career growth.
The best thing that came out of the pandemic is the development of online learning platforms. Now, you can access information about any topic from the comfort of your home. Therefore, utilize the platforms and educate yourself with new technologies, infrastructure, art forms, or anything that will help you advance in your career.
#2 Be Organized
Plan your daily tasks and be organized. It can help you in developing good habits and be more active in your job. You will be surprised how much time you can save by organizing your schedule daily rather than doing things on the whim.
If organizing a schedule does not come naturally to you, then explore resources to acquire new skills. Nowadays, we have apps that will help you in maintaining a personal organized system. So use them to plan your work and personal life activities.
#3 Be a Team Player
One of the important pieces of professional career advice for you is to be a team player. No business works alone, every organization works as a team.
Thus, if you work well with other people, then everyone will appreciate your efforts. On the contrary, if you work alone, it might become hard for your team to be supportive.
Being able to work in a team helps you in building a strong network and relationship with your colleagues. In fact, being a team player is the most significant trait needed to be a successful leader in the future.
#4 Value your Network
Once you start working, you will gain connections and have a network of people. It is very important to value the people in your network and maintain a good relationship that can last for a long time.
Having good connections will help you in career advancement. For instance, the senior officer can give you career path advice on how to proceed further and what you need to learn or do to move forward in your job. Also, they might offer career recommendations for you.
#5 Value your Health
If you are not healthy, then how can you be productive? If you are not productive, you cannot advance in your career. That is why you need to take care of your health. Also, don’t get stressed.
As per Healthline, stress can be caused by simple everyday work/ family responsibilities and serious life events like the death of a loved one or a health diagnosis.
When you get stressed, your hypothalamus activates the stress response system, known as the hypothalamic–pituitary–adrenal axis (HPA axis or HTPA axis).
These stress hormones are the same as the ones that trigger the body’s fight-or-flight response. Here, your breath quickens, your heart races and your muscles get ready for action. This response happens to protect your body by preparing you to react quickly.
However, when the stress response keeps triggered every day, then it will become long-term stress known as chronic stress. Chronic stress could lead to various health problems such as
- increased depression,
- risk of heart attack,
- weakened immune system, and so on.
So, valuing your health is unavoidable professional advice for your career growth.
Image source – stock.adobe.com
#6 Focus on Results
While working keep your focus on the results than the time it takes to complete the task. In other words, keep the focus on the quality of the work. Without good quality, even if you complete the task in less time, it might not be productive work as it will not draw desired results.
#7 Speak Up
It is one of the best professional career advice. In any job, you need to express your ideas and speak your mind. It is a must-have attitude for a successful career.
Note that speaking your mind does not mean disrespecting your superiors. It means expressing your opinions about your tasks freely as it might be helpful in improving your performance or the organization’s productivity.
Speaking up also shows how much you care about your job and relays that you are sincere about your tasks.
#8 Welcome Feedback
Always welcome constructive criticism and feedback on your mistakes. Be positive-minded and do not concentrate on the delivery method or on the person giving you the criticism. Rather focus on the message and use the feedback to improve your skills and performance.
#9 Maintain a Good Work Ethic
Work ethic is just a set of beliefs and standards of behavior related to what is acceptable and what is not acceptable to do at work.
A good work ethic commands respect from colleagues and superiors. It gives you a good image. You can maintain a strong work ethic even by coming on time to work, being the first one at an event and the last one to leave.
#10 Work-Life Balance
It is very important to balance your professional and personal life but it could be a lot challenging. Work-life balance is achieved when you fulfill the demands of your career and the demands of your personal life.
A good work-life balance –
- reduces your stress,
- lowers the risk of feeling burnout, and
- gives you a sense of well-being.
You can achieve a good work-life balance by always keeping time for yourself. If you have an interest in biking, exercise, or just watching videos, take at least an hour a day to do the things that are fun for you.
Having a good morning routine can boost your positivity throughout the day. When you spend too many days rushed, getting picked apart by daily events, you will end up feeling like enough was accomplished. Shifting importance to the morning routine can help you accomplish the tasks on time and maintain a good work-life balance.
Lifehack says that Jim Citrin at Yahoo! Finance wrote an article called Tapping the Power of Your Morning Routine. He has set out to survey 20 successful CEOs and executives about their morning routines.
17 of them have replied to him. And, nearly everyone starts their day early from 4:30 AM to 6:00 AM. Their morning routine starts by reading emails, spending some time on exercise, and then going to handle their work or family activities.
#11 Be Confident
This is one of the pieces of advice for work that can benefit you even in your personal life.
Be confident, do not doubt yourself but stay humble at the same time. It is essential that you develop confidence so that you can effectively communicate your views in the workplace.
#12 Ask for Help
Do not think that asking for help could mean that you are not confident. Asking for help shows that you are willing to learn things and develop your skills.
There will always be certain tasks in some projects that you must complete and may not completely understand. It is best to clarify your doubts by asking questions than not asking for help and making mistakes. It also shows that you are willing to collaborate with your colleagues.
You can also ask for help with things related to career growth. Your employer might advise what your job opportunities are, the best way to earn new skills, and so on.
#13 Enjoy What You Do
For all of us, the best job is the one where you can use the skills you enjoy. That does not mean that every job has to address your passion. Instead, think of every job opportunity as a chance to learn something new.
More often than you think you find something to be really fascinating from a place that you never imagined would be of interest to you. Thus, make sure that you enjoy whatever you do. It inspires you to be better at your job.
#14 Challenge Yourself
You do not get opportunities as often as you think. That is why do not be afraid to claim an opportunity. It is a good idea to at least try it. You will be surprised to see that you can do most of the things that you thought you cannot do.
The best career path advice is to challenge yourself constantly. It will help you learn new things and build confidence. Plus, it helps you in being a better version of yourself.
#15 Focus on Your Strength
If you focus on your strength and keep improving the things you are strongest at, then over time you will become an expert at them. On the other hand, you can outsource your weakness to others who excel in those areas.
Thus, handling your strengths and weaknesses well can maximize your team’s potential and increase your productivity at the work. Collaborating with other people will make the tasks manageable while producing desired results.
Following professional career advice will always be helpful in your career growth. With the best work advice and tips, you can improve your career path and boost your job satisfaction all the while becoming a better person professionally and personally.
Have you heard that 24% of employees who work from home at least 1 day in a month have reported that they not only are happier but are more productive?
Imagine you can work from home every day. That would definitely improve your work-life balance.
You can do that with HomeJobHub. It offers entry-level remote jobs with reliable partners. You do not need to have any experience. The HomeJobHub has an AI-powered system that best matches your skills and requirements with a job post.
What are you still waiting for? Apply for remote jobs at HomeJobHub.
Data entry jobs have grown incredibly popular among students, stay-at-home parents, and other busy individuals looking to make a little extra money over the last couple of years.
And for good reason—work-at-home jobs provide flexibility in terms of schedule and the opportunity to amass experience. They usually don’t require any educational qualifications other than a high school degree. In the wake of the lockdown induced by the pandemic, many have realized that remote jobs have many advantages over on-site ones, with online searches for work-from-home jobs jumping by 640%. Data entry jobs are among the most popular and convenient of these remote jobs.
Then there’s the added advantage of building transferable skills. For example, the attention to detail and efficiency required for you to become a successful data entry professional can also come in handy for a variety of other jobs.
But if some of these jobs seem too good to be true, they probably are. Fraudulent data entry jobs are all too common on the internet and can lead to everything from loss of money to identity theft. The Federal Trade Commission received 59,000 complaints about sham work-at-home jobs or business opportunities in 2020, more double 2019’s figure, with the median financial loss per case coming in at a shocking $1,950.
How do work at home jobs for data entry work?
As a data entry professional, you will input different kinds of data into a database or computer system. You are likely to deal with data in the form of numbers, letters, images, symbols, and much more.
A data entry job may involve:
- Preparing and sorting files of source material containing raw data
- Verifying the accuracy of the source data
- Inputting the data into a computer system or database
- Reviewing the data for any errors or inaccuracies
- Comparing the data between different sources to make sure there are no contradictions or incompatibilities
- Creating backups of the data, usually on the cloud
- Providing the data to your employer on time
These jobs may be in any industry, from telecommunications to healthcare, because all of them require data entry professionals.
Most data entry jobs pay by the word, keystroke, or project. Some in-office jobs pay you by the hour, but this is rare for work at home jobs. The rate will depend on several factors including your speed, experience, and location.
Are data entry jobs good sources of income?
Unless you live in an area with a very low cost of living, an online data entry job will probably not be lucrative enough to serve as your primary source of income. But that certainly doesn’t mean that they can’t be incredibly useful. Whether you want a secondary source of income or just some pocket money, work-at-home data entry jobs are the ideal option.
How can you tell if a data entry job listing is fraudulent?
Unscrupulous individuals and organizations often try to take advantage of the general public’s lack of awareness about online work at home jobs by posting fraudulent listings.
If you do come across one of these, make sure to report the listing to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the Better Business Bureau, or the Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you found the listing on a job website like Indeed or Glassdoor, you can report it directly to them too.
Here’s how you can figure out if a work at home data entry job listing is legitimate:
1. You Are Not Asked For Any Money Before You Start
The most common way for a scammer to defraud you is to ask you to pay a starter check for supplies or training before you begin to work for them. So, any demand for money is the surest sign that you’re being taken for a ride.
2. You Go Through A Proper Selection Process
Fraudulent listings will generally not require you to go through any kind of selection process and give you work (or demand payment) immediately. On the other hand, legitimate jobs will ask for a resume, samples and even a phone or video interview to make sure you’re fit for the position.
3. The Compensation Seems Fair and Reasonable
Fraudsters are often vague about salary details such as exactly how much, when, and through what channels you will be paid. Or, they may offer an unreasonably high salary in hopes of attracting more job-seekers to defraud. On the other hand, a legitimate company will be very transparent about how and when your salary will reach you and pay you at a fair market price, especially if you’re just starting out.
4. They Don’t Ask For Private Information
While a company will likely need your bank account details or proof of identity in order to pay you, they should never ask for information that is meant to be kept private. If you’re asked for your credit card details or Social Security Number, for instance, report the company immediately.
5. You Can Find Information About The Company
But the only way to be completely certain that your work-at-home data entry job is legitimate is to work with an established company like HomeJobsHub.
We connect you to clients, provide you with work, and, most importantly, never miss a paycheck. Sign up for free now!
The New Year is all about looking back at the year gone by. Some people make a list of what went right, what went wrong, and some resolutions they might have for the year to come. It’s also the time to look ahead. And for most people, adding a new income stream is a big goal, especially post-pandemic.
Gone are the days when people would apply for a second job at the local gas station or fast-food restaurant to supplement their income. Instead, telecommuting jobs have now become the preferred option for people to earn money on their own schedule, and it can be a great way to kickstart your new year.
If you’ve been thinking about making more money in 2022, it’s time you consider a telecommute job. After all, work-from-home jobs allow you to regain control of your free time and be much more productive!
How can Telecommute Jobs Change Your Life?
Telecommuting jobs can be an excellent choice for people who want to work remotely and avoid a long commute to the office. In addition, it is an excellent alternative to a full-time job as you get to choose your working hours and prioritize your well-being.
Let’s take a look at a few reasons why telecommute jobs are perfect for you:
One of the major perks of working remotely is you have the freedom to work in your most comfortable and relaxed environment and can complete your tasks any time of the day. Why huddle away in a cubicle when you can work out of the local cafe, diner, or even a nearby park?
2. Achieve the work-life balance you have been looking for!
We work hard to achieve “work-life balance” – a sweet spot where we are not overworked or underworked – but just can’t seem to find it. You can now enjoy spending more time with your family and friends with a telecommute job. This is one of the biggest advantages remote workers have.
3. Multiple sources of income
If you want to supplement your full-time income, you can earn money by working freelance on the side. Numerous companies offer online jobs and are always on the lookout for qualified freelancers who can complete various jobs for them.
As a starter, you can find work as a virtual assistant or a content writer or go for data entry jobs. By doing so, you’re gaining new skills, bolstering your portfolio, and making some extra cash.
4. Work stress-free
While you can work in your pajamas, it is important to create a workspace that allows you to be creative and focused. Moreover, telecommute jobs even provide training and support to help you double your performance and productivity.
Also, they support your professional and personal pursuits. You gain the skills you need to boost your professional career while nurturing your family life at the same time.
5. Save time and invest in a side gig!
You don’t have to waste time stuck in traffic during rush hour. Instead, you can utilize your travel time working a job that grows your skillset. Some jobs are fairly simple.
For instance, you can work on online surveys and add a good income for sharing your opinions.
5 Strategies You Need To Adopt Before Going For a Telecommute Job
Working remotely has a lot of benefits, such as avoiding the stress of commuting, working in a quieter environment, and saving money on gas and car repairs. But it does come with its challenges, especially if you are doing it for the first time.
Here are a few strategies that you can use to make your telecommute life more productive:
1. Plan and define your financial goals
To make responsible financial decisions, you need to set short-term and long-term goals. When starting a remote job, make sure you set your goals at the start of the year. This way, you can apply for jobs to help you reach your goals. These can include income and lifestyle goals. For example, how much you want to make per hour or how many hours you want to work per week.
2. Save money for the future
Telecommuting allows you to have multiple jobs. First, however, you need to figure out how much you’d need to save to have a wonderful life ahead. Again, it helps create a savings plan with the long term in mind.
3. Look for strategies to boost your earnings
You can look for jobs that do not require much time and, yet, offer good cash for your efforts. This can help increase your income while helping you build a broad skill set.
For example, manual user testing is one job that requires less effort and yet offers good pay.
4. Go One Step Ahead- learn more to earn more
Make sure you continue learning throughout your career, it will make you stand out from the crowd and increase your value whilst developing your skills.
For example, if you are certified in the Digital Marketing or Content Creation industries, you can launch a course and monetize it through a platform. This is one of the easiest ways for online entrepreneurs to create multiple income streams.
5. Research tax-saving plans
As a telecommuter, you wear many hats. One of these is doing your own taxes. So, it’s necessary to get clarity on your tax liability for the year and start exploring options to bring it down. The government may have extended the deadline for filing tax returns until march, but you need to act quickly to protect your hard-earned money.
Here are a few tax-saving plans which you can opt for: ELSS, PPF, life insurance policies, medical plans, NPS, and 5-year FDs. If in doubt, talk to a chartered accountant or financial planner.
Are you looking for a telecommute job?
If you are looking for a perfect telecommute job, get in touch with us at HomeJobsHub today. We rigorously verify every employer and job listing to give you complete peace of mind! You can be assured that the jobs posted on our platform are 100% genuine and reliable.
Just fill out the form, and you can find the job of your dreams within hours! So register today or connect with us at 214-997-6228 in case of any queries.
Are you looking for remote customer service jobs? If yes, you would get one, thanks to the Pandemic that brought one of the biggest shifts in our work lives.
- As per studies, in 2022, the global remote workforce will be 1.87 billion people, 42.5% of the total global workforce.
- 23% of full-time employees are willing to take a pay cut of more than 10% in order to work from home at least some of the time.
- 61% of business owners and professionals advocate for a fully remote working environment.
But when you start searching for remote customer service positions on the internet, your mind will most likely be loaded with a lot of questions like “What are the positions available? Are those positions suitable for me? Which are the best remote customer service companies? Are these customer service job boards fake or real?”
This post is the answer to all your doubts and confusion regarding the sites offering remote customer service jobs.
In this post, we will help you know:
Types Of Remote Customer Service Roles
A customer service profile involves solving customer queries and complaints. You can opt for either a full-time or part-time customer service job from home. The type of services you have to provide will eventually depend upon the company, website, or call center you are working for.
For example, if you are working for a bank’s customer service, you would be mostly dealing with inquiries regarding accounts, payment methods, credit/debit cards, etc. On the other hand, if you are working for an online shopping platform, you would be dealing with purchases, cart value, offers, etc.
So, let’s dig into the best work from home customer service jobs you can opt for in the below illustration:
The major customer support roles in demand are:
- Customer Support Agent(Voice Process) – Solves customer queries over the phone. The role may require handling both inbound and outbound calls.
- Custom support Agent (Non-Voice Process) – Solves customer queries over chat and emails. Usually deals with customers who don’t have time to enquire over phone calls.
- Customer Support Fraud Specialist – Mainly deals with the solutions to fraud situations a customer faces.
- Customer Service Engineer/ Technical Support Agent – Deals with the technical issues a customer faces.
- Bilingual Customer Service Representative – Bilingually proficient job seekers can opt for this role.
- Customer Service Scheduler – Organises and schedules meetings, appointments, and services between customers and representatives.
Qualities you must have as a Remote Customer service Agent:
- Excellent Communication – As a remote customer service agent, you would be mostly dealing with customers’ problems and queries regarding a product or service. Asking the right question at the right time, and that too, in the right tone, is the key to winning the hearts of the customers. Since communication is a two-way process, along with speaking you should also be an active listener too. The same applies if you are doing an email customer service job.
- Problem-solving skills – You would be dealing with a frustrated customer mostly. What they want is a solution to their problem. At that moment, you should have the patience to listen to them, understand their problem, empathize with them, and then provide alternatives and resolve the matter.
- Time management – Customers want their problems to be solved in the shortest time possible. They won’t get satisfied if you lag too much. To avoid this, you must be aware of common customer issues and try to sort them out within a time frame.
- Multitasking – Multitasking is inevitable for a customer service agent. You are expected to listen to the customers’ problems, browse through their product page, and engage with them; all these will happen at the same moment. So, you should be good at taking care of more than one thing at a time.
- Strong product/service knowledge – Whatever company you are working for, you should have a thorough idea about their products and services. Only then, you will be able to understand the customer’s issue, think through what must have gone wrong, and provide the correct solution.
Now, let’s have a look at the top sites and job boards offering remote customer service jobs:
Home Jobs Hub began its operation in 2017. Even though it is a US-based company, the services are spread all over the world. This website’s claim to fame is that it is entirely dedicated to freshers looking for flexible remote job positions. So, this is the best remote job website if you are someone who is in the starting phase of your career.
Home Jobs Hub has a separate section for remote customer service jobs. The key features of this site are as follows:
- You can start job searching absolutely free of cost. All you have to do is just ‘Sign Up’ on the website by giving your basic details.
- Once you update your skills and preferences for your remote customer service job in your profile, you can click on ‘See All Jobs’ and browse through the various job postings.
- You can apply for multiple jobs, and HJH’s AI-powered system will notify you when an employer is interested in your profile.
- HJH also has a blog section filled with articles that can help you in tackling your remote work-from-home jobs.
- You can earn up to $70/hour if you get hired as a remote customer service agent. So, through this website, you can get access to the best-paying customer service jobs from home.
- Companies hiring for remote customer service from Home Jobs Hub – BoldBusiness.com, Curaihealth.com, Broken.com, Agilent.com, and 100+ verified best remote customer service companies.
Flexjobs started its functioning in 2007 and is still the top ranker in providing legit remote jobs. This website is not solely dedicated to customer service positions but has a wide range of 50+ categories that can land you in the best work-from-home customer service jobs. Every job posting you see on FlexJobs is 100% hand-screened and validated by their team before posting. The key features of this site are as follows:
- You can filter jobs according to job type, schedule, category, career level, accolades, and title.
- You can sort jobs according to date and relevance.
- No ads, junk, or scams.
- They provide support, guidance, and tools in matters related to job search, resume building, company reviews, etc. which can help you in getting the best paying remote customer service jobs.
- Conducts webinars and events.
- They offer weekly and monthly subscription plans for their services. Pricing starts at $9.95/week. If you are not happy with their services, they have a refund policy also. You can ask for a refund within 30 days of account creation/renewal.
- Companies hiring for remote customer service from FlexJobs– Kelly Services, Randstad, CVS Health, Sutherland, Transcom.
3) Just Remote
With 74% of professionals and 76% of entrepreneurs voting for remote work as the new normal, JustRemote is a website that provides exclusive remote career openings for job seekers. According to them, 70% of live jobs never get advertised and they help you in finding out such jobs so that you won’t miss out on any opportunities. They have a separate section for customer service jobs for both full-time and part-time remote customer service jobs. The key features of this website are as follows:
- You can filter jobs according to region and location.
- Powersearch is their exclusive tool to help you find out the hidden remote jobs that don’t get advertised by companies.
- This website has a collaboration with resume.io to help you create a resume suitable for remote jobs.
- The subscription price is as low as $6. By paying this amount you get unlimited access to jobs and the facility of Power Search. If you want to unsubscribe from their services, you can do it anytime, and there is no contract involved.
- Companies hiring for remote customer service from JustRemote – Drizly, Action Network, Work Motion, Guru, Gravity Payments, etc.
4) We Work Remotely (WWR)
As the name suggests, this website is exclusively for remote job seekers. Launched in 2011, today on average, over 1000 new positions are posted every month on this website under 8 categories.
Moreover, remote Customer service jobs bring a notable percentage – 29% of traffic to this website.
The key features of the website are as follows:
- The most amazing feature of WWR is that it charges zero free for signing up. The services provided are completely free of cost.
- Zero location restrictions – Since the pandemic, 70% of full-time workers have been working from home, and WWR assists job seekers from all over the world to come and search for remote jobs with no location restrictions.
- WWR Learning Portal – Job seekers can learn essential skills they need for their career growth using this platform. This portal has a whole community of job seekers and experts, templates for resumes and cover letters, exercises for interviews, career coaching with 1-to-1 review sessions, and many more services.
Companies hiring for remote customer service from WWR– WordPress VIP, Upright Labs, Shopify, GoDaddy, Knack, Defiant, Inc.
Remote. co is a partner website of FlexJobs. The advantage of this website is that you can avail all the luxuries that FlexJobs provides free of cost. Even though Flexjobs provides all types of jobs, remote. co is solely designed for remote job seekers. As per recent studies, 77% of employees agree that after COVID-19, working from home would make them happier. So remote job portals like remote.co may be the best deal for them. It has a separate category for remote customer service job openings.
The key features of this website are as follows:
- Zero charges for signing up.
- Remote Work Resources– This section contains articles on remote work, career coaching, etc.
- Companies hiring for remote customer service from Remote.co – American Express, GitHub, Toggl, Dropbox, WorkMotion.
6) Amazon Jobs
Amazon, as everyone knows, is an e-commerce giant. It is also one of the best remote customer service companies out there. Amazon’s mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. So, customer service associates are needed in large numbers for the company. They hire for remote customer service jobs through their Virtual Locations which outnumber their Brick and mortar stores. Let’s take the example of the USA:
As you can see in the above illustration, the remote customer service jobs they offer are much higher compared to their on-site customer service positions. Let’s go through the key features of this website:
- As the placements are directly done by the company itself, there is no need to pay any additional charges to third-party websites or customer service job boards.
- You can choose positions as full-time/part-time customer service jobs according to location preferences.
- Higher job stability and comparatively high-paying remote customer service jobs.
- Bilingually proficient people are highly welcome.
- Assessments and interviews are comparatively easy to get through and don’t demand high qualifications or experience.
- Provides additional benefits of Sodexo meal card, health Insurance, nightshift, overtime, and Internet allowance.
7) Virtual Vocations
Being a 100% remote company, extending its operations mainly in the USA, this website clearly understands what exactly remote job seekers are looking for and what challenges they face. Founded in 2007, they currently have 14003 remote jobs and 3671 Employer partners. Let’s dig into key features of this website:
- Provides both full-time and part-time remote customer service jobs.
- Can filter customer service remote jobs by location, permanent, or temporary roles, career level, education level, etc.
- Free and Premium versions are available – This remote job site charges zero fees for signing up and searching for jobs. If you want to avail full version, you have to go for the premium version. Pricing starts from $15.99/month.
- Provides additional features such as LinkedIn profile optimization, Career coaching, etc.
- Companies hiring for remote customer service from Virtual Vocations – Sykes Enterprises, Inc., Sutherland Global Services, Traction, Sitel group, LiveChat, Inc.
8) TeleTech (TTEC)
Rather than a website providing you with remote customer service opportunities, this is a company dedicated totally to customer services. Initially based in the USA, this company now has its services spread across 19 countries worldwide. This website is a better option if you are really into customer service profiles. The key features of this website are given below:
- Signing up for this website is completely free. Give your credentials like an email id, and yes, you are all set to apply for various customer service remote jobs!
- Can filter jobs by job title and location.
- No need for high qualifications. All you need is a high school diploma and an uninterrupted internet connection.
- Provide both Technical and Non-Technical remote customer service jobs.
- This remote customer service website is best known for its career growth opportunities and for providing best-in-class training.
- They have an exclusive Talent Network where you can enhance your job search and job applications. Moreover, you can share remote customer service opportunities through social media and emails.
9) Hubstaff Talent
Hubstaff is a 100% remote company that offers software services in workforce management. Hubstaff Talent is a remote talent finder community provided by Hubstaff with a dedicated section for remote customer service openings. On this website, you can find remote jobs as a freelancer. The key features of this website are as follows:
- This site is completely free to use. You can join by giving your details, skills & availability. A notification will come automatically when someone shows interest in you.
- The factors that are unique to this website are No fees, no markups, and no middleman policy.
- You can filter jobs by job type, pay rate, experience level, country, etc.
Upwork is one of the most popular sites that offer freelancing jobs. You can find plenty of remote customer service jobs here, and that too without a location barrier. The key features of the website are:
- The initial step for joining this website is to create a free profile highlighting your skills, experience, and pay rate. After that, you can browse through the best paying work from home customer service roles and apply for them.
- After you get hired, Upwork takes a 20% fee to cover costs but once you earn $500 with a client, this will eventually drop to 10%.
- Payment Protection is one of the rare features that is not given by other sites. Upwork ensures that you get paid on time. So, if a client doesn’t pay you, Upwork will pay you and sort it out with the client.
- They also have a 24×7 team with tools to detect fraud. So, the jobs posted here are legit.
- Trusted by Microsoft, Airbnb, Google, GoDaddy, Nasdaq, etc.
Fiverr is a popular marketplace for freelancers all over the world. When it comes to flexibility, a significant amount of job seekers opt for freelancing rather than being full-time employees. Over half (54%) of British workers’ overall happiness depends on how they feel at work.
You can provide your services as a freelancer on Fiverr in a range of services, among which remote customer service is one of the popular options. The interesting part is you can set the price for the services you offer starting from $5.Thus you can get access to high-paying remote customer service jobs. Setting a price for your services really plays a major role in work satisfaction.
This website operates in a completely different manner as compared to other sites offering remote customer service jobs. To understand that let’s familiarize ourselves with some of the Fiverr terms:
Now let’s see the key features of this website:
- In Fiverr, you are termed as a ‘Seller’ who sells their ‘Gigs’. For that, initially, you have to set up an account and showcase your skills and post the remote customer service you are providing along with the price.
- When a buyer decides to buy your order, Fiverr debits the amount from them and credits it to your account once you have successfully delivered the gig.
- Even though the Fiverr account creation is free, as you start selling, they cut 20% of your earnings and will give you an 80% share.
- Your seller rating is what makes your work more demanding. As your gigs increase, your rating will also increase accordingly, And you can finally land high-paying remote customer service jobs.
- You can sell your remote customer service skills without a location barrier.
This website provides remote work to freelancers under various categories. Remote customer service jobs are provided by them without location barriers. The key features of this website are as follows:
- You have to sign up and create a profile initially.
- A free plan is available. If you want to make full use of Workana, you can opt for membership plans starting from $4.90/month.
- The job postings are known as Proposals. Browse the various remote customer support proposals and place a bid. This will inform the client that you are interested in working with them. After going through the various bids they receive, they will inform you if they are interested in working with you.
- You can filter jobs according to skills, language, contract type, payments, etc.
- Provides Workana Payment Protection– Once your bid is accepted, the payment from the employer is held in escrow by Workana. After successful completion of the work, the payment will be released to your account.
- This website charges 15% of your earnings.
- More than 600K entrepreneurs, companies, startups, and more find talent on Workana to move their professional projects forward. So, the abundance of work you can find here is not at all a question!
Jobspresso is a job portal that helps you to work remotely from anywhere. This is a safe site, offering various job roles for remote workers. It has a dedicated remote customer service jobs section which is reviewed and jobs are added on a daily basis. Let’s go through the key features of this website:
- This website is absolutely free to use. All you have to do is upload your resume and apply for remote customer support roles.
- You can filter jobs by category and location.
- Companies hiring for remote customer service jobs from Jobspresso – GitLab, WordPress, Yelp, Loom, Zapier.
Indeed is a well-known name among job seekers. It is the #1 job site in the world with over 250M unique visitors every month. They are providing both remote and on-site jobs. As per statistics of 2020, 80% of employees expect to work remotely at least 3x per week even after COVID-19 guidelines are lifted. So, to find full-time and part-time remote customer support positions this job board is one of the best options. Let’s go through the key features of this website:
- This job board is completely free for job seekers. You can upload your resume and apply easily for remote customer service jobs.
- You can filter jobs by job title, job type, education level, experience level, and salary.
- They also provide additional features which include company reviews and a salary guide.
- They have a ‘Career Guide’ section filled with articles related to interview tips, resume building, career development, etc.
- Works seamlessly on mobile and other devices.
- Companies hiring for remote customer service jobs from Indeed – Aegis, Tech Mahindra, etc.
Monster is a global online platform headquartered in Hyderabad, India. They have been helping job seekers for more than 20 years. It is a hybrid platform for both on-site and remote jobs. You must be amazed at the search results once you type in customer service jobs on this job board! The key features of this job portal are listed below:
- This website is absolutely free for job seekers. However, if you want premium services which include profile highlighter, LinkedIn makeover, etc., you have to pay for it. Pricing starts at ₹900 for 6 months.
- You can filter the jobs by role, experience, salary, qualification, industry, etc.
- Comes with a separate section for career tips.
16) Working Solutions
Working Solutions is a website entirely devoted for work from home customer service opportunities. This site provides service for remote customer service job seekers located in USA and Canada. Let’s dig into the key features of this website:
- The pre-requisites are clearly mentioned by them before applying which include – a USB headset, high-speed internet, minimum 10Mbps download speed, a quiet workspace, a computer with a minimum of 8GB RAM, and Windows 8.1-10 OS.
- The application process includes steps such as filling out a form, taking assessments, accessing the applicant portal, and installing a technology scanner.
- Rather than employees, you are hired as an individual contractor, and the work assigned is called a program.
- The pay rate is fixed at $15/hour.
- They also have a talent community that helps you in finding and getting into the programs suitable for your skills.
SimplyHired is a job search engine where you can find thousands of jobs; on-site and remote. They have a vast section that covers remote customer service openings. Let’s have a look at the key features of this website:
- The search results will come according to your location by default.
- You can filter jobs by title, company, and location.
- This website also owns a SimplyHired mobile app through which job search is made easy.
According to recent studies, 97% of employees prefer to work from home, while only 3% prefer to commute. To keep up with the times, NoDesk is a website that only lists remote jobs. Remote jobs are posted daily on this website and remote customer support roles are classified as a separate category on the website. The key features of this website are as follows:
- No need to sign up or create an account. You can just browse through jobs and apply for the ones suitable for you.
- They provide remote work resources through articles, blogs, and books.
- Companies hiring for remote customer jobs from NoDesk– Apollo, Postscript, Webflow, Loom, Livestorm, etc.
A remote customer service job is a good option to start your career remotely and earn a living. Furthermore, remote employees save an average of $248 per month, which can be an enticing offer for you, right?
But make sure to choose the right job portal! Because choosing the wrong portal can make you face scams and other discomforts in the future.
Home Jobs Hub is specialized to provide entry-level remote jobs to every dedicated individual even if they have no experience or degree. We can help you hunt down the best-paying remote customer service opportunities matching your skills and experience.
Take a moment and sign up for free to start your journey as a remote worker with Home Jobs Hub.
In a post-pandemic and unpredictable world, employers have resorted to hiring talent remotely, making it a good time to benefit from technology and continue your job hunt remotely.
Time of India says that the ASSOCHAM study conducted in 2015 proves that 42.5% (round up 43%), i.e. 4 out of 10 employees in the private sector suffer from depression and anxiety disorder. However, out of 1.1 million registered companies only 1000 have employed mental health-related programs for their employees.
So, to have a stress-free life, working from home could be a good choice.
However, job hunting remotely can be isolating and whether you’re re-entering the job market or hunting for that dream role for the first time, the process of looking and constantly applying can get quite daunting. In 2021, 52% of employees said that they wanted to change their careers and 44% have already made plans to do so. As a result, the job openings have surged above 10 million. As you can see there is competition and opportunity.
That is why here are some tips to keep your motivation high when you feel like you’re stuck in a rut.
Ways to stay motivated when looking for your desired work at home job:
1. Envision your aspirations
Visualize where you want to be, don’t waste your time applying for roles and profiles you don’t see yourself in. Make it a habit to regularly reflect and ask yourself important questions. Visualize your dream job and set specific expectations pertaining to your desired job profile, salary, or industry.
This is not only an excellent manifestation hack but also picturing yourself in your ideal situation could remind you why you’re dedicating this time to look for the perfect remote work that is fulfilling.
Picturing yourself in your ideal situation while visualizing the result can help you remember why you’re devoting time to the job hunt and determine actionable plans.
2. Be pragmatic yet practical
Set realistic goals for yourself to avoid feeling overburdened and overwhelmed. For example, instead of applying for fifteen jobs in one day, start small. Every day, small yet practical actions eventually build up and bring enormous results. Tasks such as updating your LinkedIn profile and associating with the right people in your desired industry will attract you to newer prospects.
Plan targets to help you concentrate on achieving your goals, but the motto should remain – “quality over quantity”. Constantly pressuring yourself can be exhausting and counterproductive if the jobs aren’t the right fit.
3. Do what you need to
Outline your top preferred companies so that you have an innovative and targeted plan for your job search. The following steps comprise of researching the companies, competitors, skills requirements, employment offers, and career growth opportunities to exactly figure out what you’re looking for and how you could be the right fit.
Update your LinkedIn settings to let recruiters and employers know that you’re actively looking for opportunities. Your profile will appear on active searches linked to your field. Setting a clear plan and practicing it daily can instill the confidence you’re looking for.
4. Learn something daily
Learning should remain a lifelong habit. When you can inculcate a growth-oriented approach toward life, original ideas become a by-product. Use this time to explore motivational speakers, and watch or read their ideas about how they perceive the world.
Similarly, read or listen to industry-specific content. Immersing yourself in the latest developments in your industry and keeping yourself up to date with crucial trends can ensure that you’re knowledgeable and well-versed with current events.
This could be an added benefit during a discussion at the interview stage, setting you apart from the rest of the crowd.
An excellent way to keep your motivation high is to upskill yourself. There are plenty of ways, such as podcasts, industry blogs, TED talks, and even online courses.
5. Positivity breeds positivity
Follow inspiring leaders in your field and surround yourself with people that uplift you, boost you, and bring out the best version of you. This upbeat energy synonymous with a strong support system will inspire you to strive for the role that is tailor-made for you.
6. Gather your testimonials
Building a collection of testimonials can help remind you of your skills and talents, which could again serve as a significant confidence boost.
Be it a LinkedIn endorsement or a manager’s feedback; these testimonials are a way to recognize your victories and be proud of how far you’ve come.
7. Practice gratitude
It’s important to remind yourself of what you are thankful for. The pandemic has been brutal in all aspects of our life, and it has served as a reminder not to take things for granted. You could list down five things you’re grateful for every day. It’s a great way to stay motivated, help emphasize the positives, and propel through apprehensions holding back your job search.
8. Maintain a good environment
Having a good environment not only encourages you to have positive thoughts but also keeps you healthy. One way to do this is to get plants. In the research done by the University of Exeter, it is proven that having plants improves your perceived air quality, levels of concentration, and your job satisfaction. As per Harvard, the reduction in airborne toxins improves your productivity.
And further research done by Harvard and Exeter University on COGfx study on the impact of green buildings or the presence of indoor plants has shown results that improved indoor environmental quality (IEQ) has doubled cognitive function test scores of an occupant.
Let me tell you exactly how much you can benefit from having more plants.
- Offices in the US reported 26% increase in cognition,
- 30% reduction in absenteeism notices,
- 15% increase in productivity,
- 6.4% showed improvement in sleep quality,
- Increasing ventilation say 20 cubic feet and per minute of outdoor air to 40, boost annual productivity per worker by $6,500.
9. Be your own cheerleader
Often, when things don’t go as planned or the way we would have liked or predicted, we tend to be hard on ourselves. It is essential to be kind, forgiving, and compassionate to yourself during this process.
Nurture yourself the way you would nurture a friend or family member during a job pursuit, and recognize your value doesn’t lessen just because somebody else hasn’t recognized it. Keep on going until a fitting employer notices your potential.
And most importantly, choose the right job portal! HomeJobsHub, a portal specific to work-at-home jobs, can help you find your dream remote job. Sign up for free now!
The nature of the workforce is changing, and if you’re a remote worker, chances are you still have a home office. However, you may feel like you’re never in your office. This is because you live in a house full of family or friends. They constantly accompany you from room to room. You may even find the need to work in a coffee shop or library to get the peace you need.
However, the nature of the work and the hours spent are constantly changing. Since the 20th century, when the term “middle class” was coined, dual-income families became a normal thing, and accordingly, the working hours of Americans have also started lengthening.
And though it’s an excellent opportunity to work from wherever you want, and whenever you want, it also has its own set of problems. For instance, how do you make your home office smarter and a better place to be at?
That’s why we’ve put together six home office hacks that you can use to make your office space smarter and better.
Set up a Productive Smart Home Office in these Six Easy Ways
As a remote worker, you need to think about many different things before getting to the smart home office step. Here are some tips to consider that can help you in the process:
1. Set up a dedicated workstation
Working in your bedroom or the living room, or even on the kitchen counter can impact your productivity and make you dull. The best part is working from home gives you the freedom to create a comfortable work environment that can keep you focused and energetic.
Having a dedicated workspace can help you be more productive and make your home office feel more like a real office. A sturdy and spacious table with a comfortable chair is all you need to set up your workstation.
2. Make a clean-desk policy
One of the biggest challenges for remote workers is staying on track and not getting distracted by their work environment. When you wear too many hats and have to juggle a huge workload, it’s easy to get distracted, and a messy desk can be a huge distraction. As of 2018, despite advances in automation and technology, the workload has increased by nearly 7.8% since 1979.
So, start with decluttering your desk space. Place things into storage boxes. For instance, a holder for stationery items, a mouse pad, and a storage box for storing charging cables will consume less space and keep your desk organized. Remember, a clean-desk policy will help you work more efficiently.
3. Encourage faster brain breaks
You spend most of your time working, so it’s essential to take regular breaks to refresh your brain and increase productivity. In fact, you should give priority to both your mental and physical health. According to data, employers lost $575 billion in revenue and 1.5 billion days of productivity due to sick workers in 2019 alone. Furthermore, these figures are expected to rise in 2020 and subsequent years.
One way to avoid falling sick is to schedule breaks.
For instance, set a timer when you get up and move around. Set a timer to go off every 30 minutes, and each time you hear it, do a 10-20 minute workout.
Avoid screen interaction during the break and take a walk or do some stretches or other non-digital activity. These breaks have proven to boost your energy and keep you active throughout the day.
4. Use a whiteboard to organize your day
No matter whether you work from home or the office, multitasking is never easy. However, if you have a whiteboard, you can use it to map out your day and make sure you are staying on top of everything.
Here are some ways whiteboards can help get your work done and boost your productivity:
- First, write down all of the tasks you need to do today.
- Then, organize them according to the order you need to do them.
- Next, color-code your to-do’s according to the priority of the task.
- Finally, when you complete a task, cross it off the board.
You can also apply the color code technique for your meetings. For example, if you have a marketing meeting, use red. If you have a client meeting, use green. This process will help you stay on top of your meetings and know exactly what you need to do for each one.
Nevertheless, apply the two-minute rule proposed by productivity consultant David Allen whenever possible to improve your productivity. The rule simply states that simple tasks that take less than two minutes should be completed right away.
5. Add elements of fun to your work
While working at home is a blessing for many, it can also be dull and monotonous. Many remote workers feel that their home offices are lonely places.
Besides that, with changing work demands, jobs are no longer always bound to a 9-5 time frame. As a matter of fact, one-third of Americans work for more than 45 hours a week and another 9.7 million are working for 60+ hours per week resulting in an average of just 6.5 hours of sleep at night.
So, it is crucial to add some fun elements to your work. There are many things you can do to make it more enjoyable.
For example, if you are a graphic designer or a writer, you will feel more inspired in an environment full of colors with soothing background music. Colors and music are related to creativity and imagination, and these elements can encourage you to be more innovative during the project.
6. Create a multi-monitor setup
Multi-monitor setup is undoubtedly one of the best productivity boosters. You can have two monitors around your workstation, one at eye level and a second one below it. You can utilize the top monitor to work on client work, while the lower will help you check emails and handle personal accounts.
This technique increases your concentration levels and enables you to focus on crucial tasks. It can also come in handy if you work overtime, which is common in many companies. In Japan alone, nearly 25% of companies require employees to work 80 hours of overtime per month.
These home office hacks are perfect for a remote worker and will help you get the most out of your home office space.
Climb Up the Ladder of Your Career with HomeJobsHub
If you are still stuck in the job-hunting process, HomeJobsHub is where you can find the best and most genuine work-from-home job opportunities.
At HomeJobsHub, we are dedicated to finding the most legitimate and reliable work-from-home job opportunities for our valued clients. We have a wide array of customer support positions available to match your skill sets and education levels.
Our team members will be your guide every step of the way, helping you achieve your dreams of working from home. Contact us at 214-997-6228 for any queries or drop us your details, and we’ll get you set up right away.